Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Twitter and Me

We have recently been learning about technology and why it is important to use it in the classroom.  Technology is always changing.  It helps get students engaged and more interested in learning.  I think it is a fun way to learn things and it allows you to connect with people all over the world.  This gives you more experience and knowledge than you could get from just within the four walls of your classroom.  In my SEDU class we all created twitter accounts to have discussions with.  Twitter is a popular site that many people use every day just for fun.  Using twitter to do assignments made it seem like we weren't really doing work.  It was simple and somewhat enjoyable compared to not using the technology.  On February 19th we took an online quiz using twitter.  Our professor would post the question and we could all post replies so that everyone could see them.  I personally loved doing this because I am not good at taking quizzes and tests.  I would much rather be able to talk to other people and hear their thoughts as well.  This surprisingly made taking a quiz fun and so much less stressful!  





2 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone likes to take quizes! I for one don't but I am a pretty good test taker. I am not good with all this technology stuff, but I am doing the best I can to learn it! I see the benefits of using these ideas we are being taught in our classrooms, it is just a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you mentioned that using Twitter in the classroom is more of a fun experience than a boring one. Twitter is a great way to get students to be interested in a certain topic in the classroom setting!

    ReplyDelete